Thursday, July 12, 2012

balance - the beginning

I imagine that walking across a tight rope would scare the hell out of me. I mean, I don't even know if I would take the step off of the platform on to the rope. There would certainly be a lot to consider   - especially the fall. What if I got hurt? What if I started walking across but couldn't make it the rest of the way? What if I lost my balance?

My tight rope was starting this blog and my new facebook page with the intention of turning my passion of helping others into an actual, lucrative career. Needless to say, I've spent a lot of time standing on the platform contemplating the first steps. Within the last few weeks, my confidence has grown along with my bravery. And here I am tonight, making my first blog entry after an incredible day where I've watched my dreams start to become reality.

This entry is so appropriate as my first because what has inspired me to take action are my future clients. I've needed to do what I will be asking of others - to put aside reservations, to organize life in a way so that it works, to start taking steps that align with goals, and to show gratitude for what is already in place - to trust, to believe, and to persevere. 

Life will always present moments when you feel completely out of balance. It is in these times that your sense of equilibrium, or lack thereof, is heightened. The restoration of balance is craved because it brings back a comfort that we take for granted until it’s lost. The absence of balance can be paralyzing because without it, there is uncertainty in what will happen with the next step. Predictability is lost and hesitation sets in – or fear, or worry or a whole other host of emotions that confine our experiences instead of allowing for them to be experienced with freedom and joy.

What I have learned is how to get that balance back. What I want to share with others is how to do the same. I am excited for the rope ahead and look forward to taking those steps…are you?


No comments:

Post a Comment